Monday, May 12, 2008

Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor wind shall keep the Photographer from the wild

Woke up this morming, At that age where its a milestone, and it was snowing and blowing and cold. So I got my coffee and hit the North entrance gate. The lady held up a map and said all these roads are closed. I looked and the only road open was out to Lamar Valley . I was in business, however driving Mt Roads with 3 inches of sloppy snow is no treat.It blew and snowed aff and on all day, I could only stand 20 minutes outside then I had to retreat to the cab of the van.
I must make a point here, all new photos are new, no posting from earlier days except for Kevin who ask me to post the photos of the rangers with guns.
Today started with a nap, while the Yellowstone Association took over the Area. I watched these people and some were so bored you couldn't beleive it. Running back and forth to the bus to get binoculars, then cameras. It was so sweet. 2 hight lights today, Seeing the Mom and 2 little cubs and watching the wolf run the coyotoes off of a fresh kill then watching the coyotes bums rush the wolf.
Finally the wolf returned , just in time for a Tourist tp pull up , stop right in the trsaffic lane and discharge the children to determine " WATCHA LOOKIN AT "
well I stayed around another hour and saw nothing. THE Kill is fresh from last night, I am hoping that a griz will find it and take over. the kill is 40 feet from the road so you have to use your head. as someone who must use these circumstances to get close photos , you just have to put up with the traffic.
Well got to get ready for tomorrow, I'll be out in the valley by 6:30 for sure. the PITA's are still eating breakfast
Bon jour
dw

No comments: