Monday, May 5, 2008

Moving Day

Today its goodbye Gardiner and Hello West Yellowstone. Moved into the condo ( the gift from my sister in law) at 3 pm and wow this is way too cool ! two bedrooms two tv's, fireplace etc even have laundry room.

On the way over here I took several hours and scoped the hills for activity. Watched a pack of wolves gang up on an elk, but no contest. the elk hit high sproket and punched holes in the wind. it was really cool to see. too far away for photos . Also watched a pair of cranes building a nest in the middle of a FROZEN POND ..I hope the ice melts soon ! or no babies this year.
THe Bison are migrating back to thier summer grounds and think nothing of taking up the whole road. Bulls, Cows and the babies are on the move. And lets not forget the tourist who is seeing thier first buffalo. They jump out of the car and follow the herd on foot moving from side to side on the road for better angles, meanwhile 20 cars and occupants are getting impatient ! You get used to it out here.

There is a ton of bear activity between here and Old faithful. In fact many of the points of interest and closed with signs stating unsafe, stay out Bear activity. We shall see. The thin air is getting to me, I hauled all my stuff in to the condo and sat down to catch my breath, I could use some thicker air, and a thiner body.
West Yellowstone is pretty dead, its a good thing I had this place to stay as all the Cheap motels are still closed for winter.
My Van is preforming wonderfully !!! The over all mileage since i left home (1650 miles) is 27.3 MPG. and this is not flat country.

No comments: