Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Area Man sets record staying in the Mountains for a long time

As the title says, there is a record about to be set. Don't forget there was travel time and that has to be factored out however its to the point now I don't even get short of breath (very).
I beleive I mentioned yesterday about finding a fresh kill which was drawing Wolves ( see slideshow) Armed with that information this morning I was out of here before the stores opened luckily I had enough gas and a bit of ice. The ice chest has worked great because the high temps are in the 40's.
Anyway I was onsite at 6:30 I waited over an hour before I decided something was wrong. There were small scavanger birds and that was it. I left and mentioned it to a Ranger later in the morning, He confirmed that three of the boys had thrown a rope around it and hauled it over the hill. I refuse to leave me van and walk 2 hundred yards to watch the carcass. A grizzly can hit 35 MPH forget uphill downhill stories you have heard. I can hit about 14 if I am in a full Red stationary Panic !
It all washed out later when the Big Boar was sighted feeding along the pond, He goofed off there all afternoon. No excuse for not getting some photos.
Well I hope you are all enjoying reading these posts and looking at my spellun.
Might post more this after Supper
DW

No comments: