Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hundreds of Pregnant Elk Converge on Mommoth Hot Springs

The Elk Cows are Moving into the Hot Springs area by the hundreds. As I returned from the Valley this evening all I could see was white butt patches all over the place. I assume it has something to do with a migratory Pattern but I am not sure. Today was a light photo day. i drove to hayden valley to check the bird situation and found nothing. Early morning is best ince a lot of birds are simply going through on thier way to somewhere else.
Met a very interesting guy from Germany today and we visited for a long time. I found out that all the lens's I have for my Canon DSLR's also fit the canon XL video camera.. this is the camera of choice for most outdoor productions ( the outdoor channel etc)
I really want to produce an outdoor film based on my travels with the digital camera. It would be similar to the one I did in 1999 only a bit more professional.
Well the water got to me today, I will say no more except all water heretofore will be mixed as Pop or from a jug. The facilitys are just too hard to find once you get to the back country. Whoops i said too much.
I have to get out thank you cards when i get home for sure. I am using my watch daily and the camera bag is just sweet to say the least. The gas money which so many of you gave me has been a godsend.
Well its almost bed time, be sure and click on the slide show so you can see all the photos !!
Of wwe go to listen to the pillow
dw

No comments: